Command Your Multi-Station Enterprise
What is CS?
Who Benefits From CS?
Enterprise Radio Groups
MusicMaster CS delivers the next big solution for medium to large organizations with many users and stations. CS especially benefits groups that schedule multiple stations with overlapping content in the same or multiple markets. Instead of storing and maintaining multiple instances of the same data, our new Enterprise-Ready Database makes a single instance available to any stations that need it. All of the business intelligence and processing power is contained in a central server, while users simply access their live program data through their client application - wherever and whenever they need it. Users can either take advantage of shared values or add their own station-specific attributes.
Program Directors Managing Multiple Stations
Even on a smaller scale, Program Directors who manage more than one station will benefit from a more streamlined enterprise experience. They can ramp up their workflow by operating multiple instances of CS at once to manage multiple stations, and even set up a batch of stations to schedule one after the other.
How Does It Work?
With its SQL Server-based structure, CS can be used with good performance across both local and wide-area networks. All of the software's intelligence is stored in one location, where all of the processing tasks take place. This means users will enjoy optimum performance no matter their own network or system limitations.
MusicMaster CS isn't just a new way to look at data management. The software also introduces brand new scheduling tools to your workflow. Read about them in the next section
New and Unique Features
New and Unique Features
- Field Overrides - This allows you to have a “master” field value but give the element a specific value in a specific station.
- Multiple Category Assignments - Now, the same song can be added to multiple categories at once, rather than being duplicated in your library.
- Rule Tree Folders for Category Groups - Any Category Group you create will automatically generate a Rule Tree folder, where you can then apply specific rules to that Group.
- Multiple Station Scheduling - Save time and free yourself for other tasks. You can now set up a batch of stations to schedule at the same time or consecutively.
- Automated Tasks - Set up and schedule tasks to occur automatically, such as backing up or purging the database, archiving history, running the automatic scheduler, or doing library synch to bring in information from third-party vendors.
- Unicode Support - CS includes support for unicode characters to better represent the symbols used in most of the world's languages.
- Notifications - Have the program notify you when certain events take place, such as when changes are made to the library, songs are deleted, or users are added.
- Change Log - Who did what when? Let the Change Log be your guide to what was altered in the data.
- Passwords -
- Individuals - Determine not only what features a user can access in a station, but which station they can access as well.
- Groups - Set up a group password and apply that to applicable users once rather than setting up individual passwords.
- Internal Designers - Access the export designer for the library, editor and the virtual break editor from within the program.
- Even More Customization - Pick the user interface Theme that works for you. Change the look and order of windows, frames and tabs to better meet your workflow.
- Connectivity - The MusicMaster Nexus API allows you to access your library and schedule data directly from third party applications. Backward compatibility allows Nexus-based interfaces built for previous versions of MusicMaster to work with CS automatically.
- Extensibility - This new architecture allows MusicMaster to build additional types of Clients in the future that will support other operating system platforms, web browser and mobile devices.
MusicMaster CS can be installed in several different configurations, depending on the needs of your organization and the number of stations and users that you will need to support. The various installation scenarios are covered in detail in the MusicMaster CS Installation Guide.
Please note that all installations of MusicMaster CS store data in a Microsoft SQL Server database. If you do not already have a SQL Server installation available, you will need to provide one. Due to built-in limitations that can negatively affect performance, we do not recommend the use of SQL Server Express edition, except for very small single-user installations with no more than a few stations and a small music library or for evaluation. Please consider SQL Server Standard Edition or better for actual multi-user production environments.
MusicMaster CS Installation Scenarios:Small Enterprise
The actual hardware and software requirements for the MusicMaster CS Server are quite minimal. However, server performance is directly related to the performance of SQL Server and the size of your MusicMaster CS Enterprise database. The number stations you schedule, songs you have in your overall Enterprise library and number of users that will be operating in the system at once are all factors that help determine the actual hardware resources you will want to provide. MusicMaster CS has been designed to take advantage of all available hardware resources, so feel free to exceed our recommendations to maximize system performance. Here are some general guidelines that help determine the size of your installation.
A small enterprise installation would have no more than a handful of stations to schedule, no more than a few thousand total songs and no more than 3-5 users working in the system at any given time. A single station and single user with a much larger song library would also be considered a small enterprise.Medium Enterprise
A medium enterprise installation would have no more than 30 stations to schedule, up to 25,000-50,000 songs, and up to 25 users working in the system at once. Again, if your library is larger than this, but your station count is much less than 30 or you have very few simultaneous users, you could still considers yours to be a medium size enterprise. We would encourage you to contact MusicMaster support to review your installation plans.Large Enterprise
If you are scheduling more than 30 stations, have more than 150,000 songs or have more than 50 simultaneous users, you would be considered a large enterprise installation. In this case, we would urge you to contact MusicMaster support so we can work with you to determine the best installation strategy.Stand-Alone Installation
It is possible to install the MusicMaster CS Server, Microsoft SQL Server and the MusicMaster CS client all on a single computer. We would only recommend this for product evaluation or for a very small installation where only a single user will be scheduling a few stations with a relatively small music library.
MusicMaster CS System RequirementsServer Computer Requirements
Once again, these are minimum requirements and recommendations based on the size of your installation. We encourage you to exceed these recommendations to maximize system performance.
- Operating System:
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 or Later.
Recommended: Windows Server 2012 R2 or 2016 64-bit.
- Microsoft SQL Server: SQL Server 2008 R2 or Later, Standard Edition or higher.
Recommended: SQL Server 2014 or 2016 64-bit, Standard or Enterprise Edition.
- Server Memory: 16Gb Minimum.
Recommended: The memory requirements for the CS Server are low, but SQL Server requires much more to provide good performance. When installing the CS Server and SQL Server on the same computer, we recommend a minimum of 64Gb RAM. Adding additional memory beyond these minimums generally improves performance and should be considered when using a large database or complex rule tree.
- Server Processor: Intel 2.5GHz CPU with hyperthreading and at least 4 cores.
Recommended: Intel Xeon CPU with hyperthreading. For a Small Enterprise, 4 or more cores. For a Medium Enterprise, 3.0GHz or Faster and 8 or more cores. Higher clock speeds and larger number of CPU cores will directly benefit system performance and are highly recommended when using a large database or a complex rule tree. For a Large Enterprise installation, we recommend Intel Xeon CPUs with 12 or more cores and at least 128Gb of RAM to provide each channel and use with the power they require.
- Server Storage: SSD Drive or RAID array for storage of the SQL Server Database.
Recommended: We strongly recommend the use of SSD drives for the storage of your SQL Server database. An SSD RAID 10 drive array will maximize performance and we also recommend 1000 Mb/s seq read, 100 Mb/s random read performance. The amount of storage needed for this drive will depend on the size of your database which will grow as you add stations and songs. A small database will generally fit well on a 40-80Gb drive and larger databases will want to have something larger.
- Network Access: A single port must be open for client workstation access (default 180). If the Nexus API is in use, a second port (default 8080) is required, LAN or WAN connections may be used for connecting from client to server. When using a WAN connection, we strongly recommend the use of a secure VPN and increased bandwidth will help to maximize performance.
- Virtualization: This software may be installed on a virtual server.We do not recommend the use of Microsoft Hyper-V as this has shown significantly lower performance on similar hardware compared to other solutions, such as VMWare ESX. A hardware-only solution will always outperform a virtual hardware emulation, but ESX will work well provided you increase your physical hardware to make up for the performance that will be lost to virtualization.
We strongly encourage you to contact MusicMaster support while you are planning your MusicMaster CS installation so we can provide you with the best possible recommendations for your specific situation.
- Operating System:
Microsoft Windows 7 or later.
Recommended: Windows 7 or Windows 10, 64-bit. Any computer system that provides good performance for the selected operating systems should be sufficient for the MusicMaster CS Client. We recommend a minimum of 4Gb of RAM when using Windows 7 or 10, additional memory is recommended if you plan to operate other software at the same time.
In this case, the CS Server, CS Client and SQL Server will all be running on a single, stand-alone computer. Again, this is recommended for very small, single-user installations and for software evaluation.
Microsoft Windows 7 or Server 2008 R2 or Later.
Recommended: Windows 7 or Windows 10, 64-bit or Windows Server.
- Microsoft SQL Server:
SQL Server 2008 R2 or Later, Express Edition or higher.
Recommended: SQL Server 2014 or 2016 64-bit, Standard Edition. Note that SQL Express Edition has limitations on the maximum amount of memory and CPU cores that it can use, so increasing your hardware resources is only beneficial when using Standard Edition or higher.
- Memory: 8Gb Minimum.
Recommended: 16Gb or more.
- Processor: Intel 2.5GHz, 4 cores or better, or equivalent CPU.
Recommended: Intel 3.0GHz or Faster, 4 cores.
- Disk Drive:
Fast performance drive for SQL database storage.
Recommended: SSD Drive strongly recommended. Storage size depends on number of stations/songs in the database.
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 or Later.